An engaging and thought-provoking walking tour of Oxford brings tools for individuals to use to improve air quality ...MORE
5 10 20 .... 2017 is an Anniversary year
5, 10, 20 .... 2017 is an Anniversary year for Rethinking Cities & the Museum of Walking ...MORE
Enter your details below to subscribe to our occasional email newsletter
Terms and conditions
This website is owned and managed by Rethinking Cities Ltd.
By using the website you are accepting the following terms and conditions.
This privacy statement only covers the Rethinking Cities Ltd. Website at http://www.rethinkingcities.net . It does not cover the websites that you can link to from this website, so you should be aware when you are moving to another site, to read the privacy statement of that website.
Rethinking Cities Ltd. is committed to maintaining your personal information in a manner that meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction. We manage your personal data in accordance to the eight Data Protection Principles of the Act, such that:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
We do not pass on your details to any third parties.
We may notify you of other services offered by Rethinking Cities Ltd. If you prefer not to receive such details, or if you do not wish your Personal Data to be processed in the manner outlined above, please make this clear by sending an appropriately worded message via the feedback form.
What information do we collect?
Access to your information and contacting us
The primary audience for this website is the general public. Everyone is welcome to read the material. When using the site, you must avoid infringing the rights or enjoyment of other users or breaking the law in any way.
We are not responsible for the quality or reliability of the websites we link to. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time, nor that linked pages will always be available.
You do not need to ask for permission to link to this site, but our pages must not be loaded into frames on your site. They must load into the user's entire window.
Although we make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production, you should always run an anti-virus program on material you download from the internet. We accept no responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that occurs while using material derived from this website.
All information on this site is provided 'as is'. We cannot guarantee that functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that this site or its server are free of viruses or reflect the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with use of this site.
These terms and conditions may change from time to time, but the latest version will always be available here. We will tell you about any significant changes.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
If you feel that material on this site is incorrect or inappropriate, or that it breaches these terms and conditions, please fill in the feedback form.
Subscription & Competitions
Recommend a Friend
If you use the Recommend a Friend form on this website the details you enter will not be saved or used by Rethinking Cities Ltd. for any purpose.
Romantic Ribbons 2010 post card on-line entries
- During 2010, Rethinking Cities Ltd. is encouraging website visitors to recommend romantic urban places and to submit a postcard via an on-line form, with possible subsequent publication on this website or on the dedicated Romantic Ribbons website.
- You may enter as many times as you like - with as many post cards from one place, space or walk that you have recommended and or for as many places, spaces or walks that you recommend.
- No entry will be accepted unless the "I agree" to the Rules box has been ticked. For each entry this box must be ticked. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification.
- Entries will only be accepted via the on-line form on the Rethinking Cities Ltd. website. A confirmation of receipt of your entry will be sent to the e mail address you have given.
- An e mail from an entrant will not be accepted as proof of delivery and no responsibility can be accepted for entries delayed, lost, or mislaid or for any technical failure or for any event which may cause the Rethinking Cities website to be disrupted or corrupted.
- Post card entries must be no longer than 100 words.
- Entrants must be 16 or over.
- Each entry must be an original work and not infringe the copyright or any other right of any other party and it has not been previously published or distributed.
- It includes nothing libellous, obscene or otherwise unlawful, and doesn't breach the confidence of any person and is not in breach of the Official Secrets Act or any other legislation.
- Each entrant indemnifies Rethinking Cities Ltd. from and against all action, proceedings, costs, damages, claims, demands, expenses, loss and liability whatsoever arising out of or by any breach of this warranty.
- Rethinking Cities Ltd. reserves the right to change or remove anything that is objectionable or likely to be actionable by law.
- Each entrant assigns all rights in the work (including in all languages and all media, now and hereafter known) to Rethinking Cities Ltd. who may publish the work in any form, use it in publicity, or disseminate it in any way.
- The selection and assessment of all entries will be determined by Rethinking Cities Ltd. Rethinking Cities Ltd. will appoint independent judges to make selections for publication on the website and their decision will be final. No correspondence as to the nature of the selection and assessment of entries will be entered into.
- Rethinking Cities Ltd. reserves the right to cancel the on-line entry at any time and for any reason.